Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what age my rats can have an 'adult mix'? I've bought the 'mums and babies mix' that should last a few months, and have also bought the adult one for when they're older, but was wondering at what age I can start to switch? I have also bought Harrison's banana brunch to mix in, is this okay for babies, or just for adults. I have also bought Dailyrat3 as a supplement, does anyone else use this? How often, and how do I give it to them? I don't want to put it in their water as I used to have a supplement for my snakes, and they went off their water because I put it in there, so can you put it on food? Sorry for all the questions!!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Ok so the mums and babies mix is for young rats mainly up to 7-8weeks, some people keep feeding it until 13 weeks tho. Then mix it in with your adult mix and only buy adult mix after that. I wouldn't use the harrisons mix personally because it already has vitamins added and you may over do it when dosing the dailyrat3 aswell.

The dailyrat3 needs 0.2 grams everyday on a wet meal or dampen some dry meal and add it that way. It should be fed directly to each rat, not placed in the food bowl or water. Hope that helps :D

·
Registered
337 Posts
The rat rations diets are well balanced so I wouldn't mix with banana brunch either. I use banana brunch as base mix for a homemade mix based on the shunamite diet and it's good for that but by adding it to an already balanced mix you'll end up with an unbalanced mix.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts