Rat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so this is probably a really bizzare question, does bagpipe music hurt rats ears? I listen to a lot of Irish rock which was a lot of bagpipes and I'm afraid the extremely high pitched sounds might not be very fun for my rats to hear so I havnt been listening to it when their close by.Im not sure they would even care I'm just afraid to try and end up blasting their little eardrums .. Soo, any thoughts?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Well, if an animal is in distress, you'll usually know it, so if the rats don't seem upset by it, then I guess you're fine.

They can hear sounds higher pitched than bagpipes--or even any other pitch we humans can hear. Of course, volume can always be an issue. You may be used to loud music, but they might not be. Again, watch their reactions.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I keep a lovebird in the same room as my rats. Her screeches used to frighten them, but they got used to it and now they sleep through her screechy mornings. She's pretty high pitched too, so I think the bagpipes would be fine. As Kuildeous said, just be careful about the volume, especially when you first start playing it around them. ^^

1 - 3 of 3 Posts