Rat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, yesterday at work I got dreadlocks.

Curly (as seen in my videos I posted in the "Meet My Rat" section loves to hang out on my head.

He has also decided that he really, really likes to eat dreadlocks.

Anyone know of a way that I can stop this??? Haha

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Hah! He's trying to clean your head of all that icky mess that suddenly appeared. It doesn't smell like your hair, it doesn't feel like YOUR hair, it MUST be groomed and stolen OFF your head XDD

That is just too cute.

·
Registered
638 Posts
LOL!

Mine tries to take off my acrylic nails, when I get them - he knows they're not REALLY me!

Also, whenever I have had anything on my body bandaged, both Gregor and Gus have tried to "break me out" of my bandages. (I am, of course, flattered, because I know that if THEY had bandages, they would consider it a supreme act of love if I removed the annoying wrappings.)

How long are the dreadlocks? Getting shorter because of nibbling?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's shoulder length, and 99% of it is human extension hair. It still smells vaguely of perm solution, and now it smells like beeswax.

I'm stuck with them for at least the next year, when I can detangle everything that wasn't permed.

I'll just have to wear them higher up with the kids are on me, heh.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Awww! Everybody's getting groomed! I wonder if soap and hair products taste good to rats?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
just as well i dont put anything in my hair except shampoo & conditioner... my girls like to hide in my frizzy mop!

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
what if you got beads or something in your hair more productive to chew on? they probably just know it's not you and have decided it's okay to munch on, lol. good luck with that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts