Rat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have two rats they Are both very confident in his cage and anywhere in my room which is where they have free roam time But the second I put them into the carrier they start panicking. They start pooping everywhere and trying to chew their way out they also do this anytime I bring them into a new place like another room of the house. This is honestly really annoying because every time they have a cage clean they get covered in poop and if anyone know how to make them feel more comfortable in their carrier I would appreciate tips.

·
Registered
227 Posts
You can bring the carrier into a place where your rat is confident and lure him in and out of it until he gets used to it. As your rat gets more confident with certain things they normally get more confident overall so you can work with them on getting used to new places. To get them used to the rest of the house you can walk out of your room until your rat is comfortable then give treat when they act curiose, then go back into your room and wait till they calm down then go out a little more. Another way is to get your rat used to the inside of your sweater and make sure they feel safe in there, then you can move around while they observe from the safety of the sweater.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts