Rat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I scared my rats of using the wheel, I bought this nice 14inch wheel and I tried to get them to step on it using some baby food and banana. And now they avoid going near it. I watched some videos later and found out you shouldn't encourage your rats to use the wheel and just leave it to them to figure it out or they won't use it ever. Should I leave it in their cage and let them adjust to it, or its safe to say they will not use it and I should take it out.

Registered
I would leave it in a coiple of weeks.Is it a solid plastic one? As you know ,rats are neophobic and also some rats are into wheeling and some are just not interested.If you do end up removing it you will get out of one of the worst cage cleaning jobs,scraping dried up ,trodden in and spread about poops from the wheel!馃槅

Registered
Lol, my rats were also scared of the wheel when I first put it in their cage. Wouldn't go near it for quite a while. Months went by- I never saw them use it. Considered taking it out and then one day I was like OMG someone is using the wheel! Only 2 of my rats use it now. Just leave it in the cage for a loooong time, might be worth it. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts