Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for another question but everyone here talks about how their rats come back to them, but mine don't. I've let them run around a little and I always have to chase them to get them back to their cage. They are almost two months old and females, is this normal for babies or is there something that I should be doing? Thanks again. ^_^

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Pretty normal for babies. Try sitting quietly and calling their name, while holding treats. It also works well to start at the cage, hold the treat out and say their name... if they associate their name with getting a treat, they'll want to come to you. :)

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Yeah, I'd agree, absolutely normal.

I have two females, too (one is two years old and the other is one year old). Whether they come back or not depends on the situation, even though they do know that they should come when I call them! They're pretty good at playtime, when I call them back the young one runs up onto my shoulder and the older one into my lap for me to carry them back to their cage, but if they get loose of their own accord, nothing will get them back... not even the rustle of the treat bag! :lol:

·
Registered
8 Posts
My rat Alfonso is like 2 months old as well, and he runs over to me when I call him

It probably just depends on the rat. I don't have much experience with rats, but I do with Chinchillas. And I know that EVERY single chinchilla has its own personality and like mine is really nice and tame, and my friend has one thats a little jerk and it bites whenever it can.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts