Rat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this yesterday afternoon, and absolutely HAD to grab my camera
Possum and Kitty laying belly/belly in their favorite tube.
The first few shots were too blurry to use because I was laughing too hard.
:lol: :lol:

enjoy!
Anna

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
That's what it's all about, right there! <3

·
Registered
224 Posts
At first I thought it was one rat sitting on it's butt, curled up. lol That is some seriously cute rattie actions you've got there!

·
Registered
11 Posts
the smallest of my 2 girls is intent on bringing me presents when she is out of the cage. With my legs as a bridge to the coffee table she brings me back something, first time was a pen, the second time a nail file. She did try the tube of hand cream but it was a lot bigger than her so she left that one. lol.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Ok, you have now convinced me to add come PVC pipe to my cage so my boys will be able to duplicate this scene...OMG it's too cute for words!

Emy

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh I highly recommend PVC pipe. The thin-wall 3-4" stuff is great. I got a 10 foot length from my local (pet friendly) hardware store (I've taken in my dog, both our Beardies, and a rat or 2 on occasion) for about $7 !!! That, a hacksaw, a little sandpaper (to smoothe off the edges), and a 3/8" drill; a couple of cheapie carabiners and you have a washable, comfy, climby thing. I even will put them at an angle and use them as ramps. The inside has a slight brushed finish so little ratty-feet can walk up so long as it isn't toooo steep. OH- and I tend to hang them at a very slight tilt, pointed away from anything damageable. PVC isn't so much absorbent (like cardboard) and I had a drainage incident - of course right into a food bowl. sigh.
At least I'm trainable. :lol:

Have fun
A

·
Registered
489 Posts
you know what is also great alongg with pvc...chube tubes. they are really inexpensice (2-4$) and its just like pvc. but its edible and made from vegetable parchment. my girls love it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts