Rat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm so excited! My rats were invited to come spend the day in kindergarten. I'm sure they will love it since they are already used to spending their day in first and second grade. The kindergarten librarian is celebrating Read for the Record and she is turning her library into a pet shop to go along with the book, Not Norman. My rats are going to be part of her pet shop. I can't wait to see pictures.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Cool!

·
Registered
672 Posts
I wish more children would be exposed to rats in a positive way. This is awesome! More people need to share what loving creatures rats are. Koudos!!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I dropped the girls off at kindergarten this afternoon. They are spending the night and going to spend the day tomorrow with the kiddos. I have to admit, I was a little sad. It was like dropping my kiddos off at their first day of kindergarten. I can't wait to here how the kids respond to them!

·
Registered
270 Posts
A friend of mine has two boys. The 3-year-old is a total fiend! You just can't contain the little guy as he runs and screams almost 24/7. But one day they came to visit us, and he came over to rat room to see my pets. He calmed down immediately and spend about 15 minutes standing quietly by the cage, smiling and talking to rats. Animals can have great influence on kids it seems. And it is great your rats go to meet kids, and that kids can meet rats and see how awesome they are.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, the girls had a great time in Kindergarten. The librarian, the one that "borrowed them", said the kids loved them. She said they spent a lot of time sleeping in their oatmeal box and when a class came to the "Pet Shop" she would just sort of reach in and dump them out of the box. Lol. They are probably exhausted from having nap time interrupted. Her personal kids who are teenagers loved them too. They even got them out of the cage and played with them. I'm so excited that it was a great day for them.The kids at my school were also excited that our Max and Ruby got to go to the kindergarten. My kiddos were actually at that school last year or the year before and they love the librarian. I just love the way my community works together for our kiddos!Now, go vote for Max and Ruby and share on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. My ratties are being beat by Guinea pigs, hamsters and fish. Ugh! The link is in my signature.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts