Rat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to give at least Molly a bit of time out of her cage and out of her ball. However, I'm worried that she might go after every wire in the apartment as well as possibly getting lost. Any pointers for how I should about it?

·
Registered
722 Posts
If you could rat-proof a room, then you could let her have free run of it. Otherwise, I would recommend either using a bathroom or a walk-in closet. I have a hallway at my house at school that's perfect to use- we just have to close the door and block of the entrance.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I could put her on the bed, but I'm afraid she might try to jump off or something. I've held her several times and she seems comfortable to curl up on my arm. I'm also afraid of her doing her business all over my bed.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I let my girls run over my bed. I just put 2 old covers/blankets down, add some toys and they're happy and free.
Roxy and Dotty seem to like to "hang" off the side of the bed and have a good old sniff, they've never tried to jump off - you never know what your rattie will do unless you trust her and try her out :)

·
Registered
722 Posts
She probably won't jump off of the bed when you're there with her... I used to let my girls run around my bed. They had no idea how to get down- they only learned once I let them run around my room and they learned how to get up to my bed.

If you're afraid of them making a mess on your bed, then you can always lay down an old sheet or blanket over your bed:)

·
Registered
47 Posts
My Veto rat lived in my room for like 4 months before he passed away.
I figured he was getting old and i wanted him to be happy his last days.
He loved it. Had a part of the room he made his den.
Sometimes I'd wake up to him licking me.
I never noticed him eating cords...But
My Tv stopped working one day.
I guess A/V cords taste good.
So If you are to let the rattie room free definately rat proof the room.
:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts