Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be leaving for a week of vacation soon. I have someone I trust to look after them. I was wondering how you all prepare your veggies for the rats. I hate to ask her to cut up their veggies everyday. I was hoping to prepare a batch for each day but I worry if the veggies will stay fresh for a week. Any ideas on that or any other vacation tips you found super helpful. Thanks!

·
Registered
805 Posts
I prepare a mix of veggies and put them in 2 oz condiment cups (like the cups that the dressing is in when you buy a pre-packaged salad) and store them in the freezer. 1 little container is usually a good serving size for 2 or 3 rats.

Your rats would also be 100% fine without veggies for a week. Seriously not an issue.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I did the same thing as CorbinDallasMyMan and just used ice cube trays. For veggies that would kind of break apart too much I'd use veggie baby food or low fat yogurt as a base then slices of fruits and veggies on top. As for vacay tips I just used sticky notes to label everything rat related for the housesitter. Also make sure to write out an 'in event of emergency' action plan with your vet's number.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts