Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my rats for about a year now and they have been so good with each other. I started with 2 and then introduced 2 rescues to the mix and they were so sweet to each other and intros went awesome. In their old cage they always got along but, I recently upgraded their cage to a double critter nation which is so much bigger than their last cage and ever since they've been in their new cage I've had to break up fights 3 times. They make these horrible screeching noises and I'm so scared they're going to hurt each other. My oldest also had a tumor removed a few weeks ago, could that have something to do with the fighting? She was in a quarantine cage for a week and then went back in with them and the fighting started a few days later. Help! I don't know how to fix it):

·
Registered
953 Posts
It was probably a mix of changing cages and then your old gal being away for awhile. Everyone has to reestablish who's spot is who's now. Then you have old age and probably some changes in who's in charge as well. If there is no blood you'll have to let them work it out. I feel your pain, I'm very wimpy when it c omes to infighting myself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts