Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay. So, here's the thing. My rats stools have turned kinda orangey-red and soft. :oops: This is kinda new- and i've read posts before about food affecting the color and all. But I haven't added anything to their food. It contains: lentils & split peas, oats, black sunflower seeds, maize, dried carrot and soy grits [as well as a few small dog pellets and then the usual lab blocks]. Any any of you who see the carrots bit and go 'Aha!,' the thing is, this food is not new to them. They've had it before and nothing was altered. So- suggestions? :D

And one other thingy. My fattie, Sherlock, has bumblefoot. I've vigilantly kepy their cage clean and disinfecting his feet, as well as applying cream. But it's not going away! Anything else I can do for him? He doesn't show any signs of pain, but I still hate the thought that there might be the slightest bit of discomfort for him. Gah! I dunno what to do! :?

·
Registered
10,640 Posts
Have you added any new foods lately?

Bumblefoot is not a painful condition, so he's most likely not uncomfortable. I have used Blu-Kote with degrees of success. The old rescue boy who I was working on, was starting to respond (after topical ab ointments and oral meds did very little) but then he contracted pneumonia and I had him pts.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
they could just be eating more of the carrots and ignoring or ony nibbling on the rest until the carrots are gone. its not that the food is new but the amount that they eat. if they've decided that carrots are their new fav then they're going to eat that first and a lot of it.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Baytril has always done that to my rats... any antibiotics?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts