Rat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok This may be a dumb question, but please bear with me I am fairly new with ratties :)
Tonight when I was playing with Cinco she was on her back and I noticed her Va-ja-ja was opened. It was like you could see up in it, is this normal? :oops: I feel like this is normal but I want to double check with the experts. :)

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
LO-freakin-L, that was amazing. i have never noticed that, but i don't see why that would be not normal, as long as it's not open all the time. i'd be aware that since the reproductive tract is usually a closed system, any really dirty stuff that can get in there while it's "open" can fester in there and cause a really deadly infection, only curable by operation. so be careful if it's wide open about poop or stuff near her vajayjay. XD

·
Registered
10,640 Posts
If her vaginal opening was well...open and possibly had a bluish cast, that meant your girly was in heat. :) She may be a quiet one. Others hop around like frogs, arching their backs when you touch em, and vibrating their ears...hahaha.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh good! LOL! I think she was in heat then! It was just the strangest thing I have had just about every animal LOL and I had never seen that! Thanks girls!

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
yonksgirl said:
Oh good! LOL! I think she was in heat then! It was just the strangest thing I have had just about every animal LOL and I had never seen that! Thanks girls!
If you're not sure if she is in heat - some rats aren't that obvious, sometimes - you can try touching/tickling her lower back and she'll probably arch it and throw her head up. She won't do this when she's not in heat.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Wow. One of the most awesome posts ever. The way you worded it really made me laugh. :) I always have a girl in heat is seems. Thought, I couldn't imagine it if they all went off together. lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts