Rat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All of my rats groom me, but Isis likes to take it a step further. She will groom dead skin off of my calluses and will chew entire fingernails off if I let her. She has never accidentally nicked my skin, so she at least knows to be gentle. Anyone else with a rat that has a fingernail obsession?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Darjeeling is horrible, if your hand is there your nails are fair game. Shes passed this one to some of her kids to. X.x so we'll have even more nail freaks to deal with! XD

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha! All of my rats nibble on my nails, but Isis is hardcore about chewing them all the way off. She's gotten so good at it that it only takes her 2 or 3 bites and the entire nail is gone down to the skin. Now if I could just teach her how to file them as well :D

·
Registered
149 Posts
Myrtle and Sophie are obsessed with nails. If they can reach them, they'll chew 'em. Sophie mostly mouths them but Myrtle outright chews. Parker is a casual nail chewer :p

·
Registered
335 Posts
Oh yes, Anya is my little manicurist. She is also very gentle and has this weird obsession with my hands. She loves nothing better than for me to lay my hands in front of her and let her go at them. She's really very good! She's gotten the message that I like to keep my nails long, so she doesn't bite them off. She just does the cuticles and dead skin and she loves to lick between my fingers. LOL She'll keep at it for as long as I leave my hands in front of her and she's never accidentally bitten me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts