Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(Please move if this is in the incorrect place)

So I like to start putting together my christmas list early so I have time to add/remove items before people actually buy anything. Since I am still rather new to rats my big cage is rather bare (the cage Blaze is in is pretty full since it's sort of small but I can't keep him in the big cage since Jojo is in there and yeah) and I was just looking for some suggestions on toys and products to put in the cage.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I can't advise on what to buy really as I buy when I see but my Christmas list is like 70% rat stuff and 30% Disney stuff haha! I'm hoping I get enough money in cards to also buy a second SRS!

·
Registered
437 Posts
You might have some already but i think you can never go wrong with hammocks and sputnicks.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I only have a hammock for Blaze as of now since he loves the thing and Jojo could care less when i put it in the cage with him. I will definitely add sputnicks though. I have been wanting one but I haven't seen any in stores.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I always buy mine online, Amazon or the Rat Warehouse usually have some, i don't think i've ever seen one in a shop over here either. :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Used to go all out for the meece's cages at Christmas...and I've triple checked that I can do the same now with a rattie and I can, so yay!

Used to get green and red (or Christmas themed) fleece/baskets/storage trays/hammocks/cubes/sputniks/balls etc just for regular things with a Christmassy feel.
Then I'd get ceramic Christmas things (food safe) from wherever I came across them-ebay, charity shops,regular shops etc Usually had afew tree shaped pots for food and tall tree looking cookie pots etc.
Mugs were great for mice....but most will be too small now, but figured I'd say anyways.
There are usually tree and star shaped treats in pet shops, so I'd get those and hang them around.
I'd also make popcorn garlands for them (all treats removed regularly)
And just regular old plasticy decorations-baubels hung in clusters in the corner were so interesting for them.

Green bedding went a long way too.

And a TINY bit of food colouring on any food I gave them, to Christmas that up, too!

Log cabins look Christmassy, so the wooden houses you can get are great.

And and and lego built into Christmassy things. X3

And lastly, a pile of origami presents (some with treats inside!!)

I can't wait. @[email protected]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts