Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had to my two babies out on the couch to play and one of them left what looks like a large bit of diarrhea. I've never seen that with a rat? Is it pretty common?

(Of course, both of them had to go and dump their bladders in the same spot right after I'd cleaned up. :roll: )

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Sometimes, mine get what I call 'squelchy' poo, which looks like a poo (as in, it's poo shaped) but it's very VERY soft. If it's a one off, I usually just keep my eye on it.

If it continues, I will usually give the effected rat rice for one night (just plain boiled rice cooled down) and see if that settles it's tummy.

Luckily, I've never had to go beyond that stage. Also, I've never had full blown diarrhea either - so sorry I couldn't help more.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She's acting alright, but I'll keep an eye out and try some boiled rice if needed.

I'm guessing it's nothing to get too alarmed about, but I thought I should ask.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Best to ask, than not :)

Keep an eye on here, hopefully it's just something she's eaten or 'one of those things'. Run through the treats you gave her yesterday - a lot of fresh fruit etc can upset them. Stress can also do it.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Last night she had lab block, Suebee's and some fresh apple. I didn't see how much apple she had since my husband gave it to her. That might be what's causing it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts