Rat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone!

So here is the backstory: About two months ago I bought to girls from a feeder bin. Sammy was about 5 weeks old, and Nova was about 8 weeks old, so they were both pretty young.
Sammy came down with a lower respiratory infection within a week, and it got so bad that she nearly died. Luckily we found a great vet who helped me to nurse her back to health. My vet told me to quarantine Sammy until she got better.

So now, after nearly two months, the vet has pronounced Sammy healthy and ready to be reintroduced to Nova. I'm just really worried that they will not remember each other and will fight. Nova is a lot bigger than Sammy, and I don't want to risk Sammy getting hurt. I put the two cages next to each other to see how they interacted, and Nova showed some signs of aggression.

Any suggestions as to how to reintroduce these two? I've read about introducing new rats, and right now my plan is to start them out in the bathtub, and then move them into a completely clean cage. What do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
4,287 Posts
I'd start in the bathtub, then move them into a small carrier or cage. Have you read the carrier method for introdcutions? Its my fave one for minimising the chance of injuries

1 - 2 of 2 Posts