Rat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am searching for a new rat to add to my colony. There is a small locally owned pet store near me that sells fancy rats. I was interested in one of the ratties who looked Siamese, but the nose point was very light in color, almost like a light beige. Can Siamese rats be that light?

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
How old? A lot of times they will darken with age and himilayans may not even show color until they've started getting their adult fur in.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Sounds like a Himalayan.

·
Premium Member
4,287 Posts
you can get siamese or himi's with very light points, especially if its warm as the depth of colour is very much temperature dependant. You can also get siamese/himi's based on other colours which lighten the points, like russian blue point and so on

·
Registered
680 Posts
My Siamese, Nibbler, has sort of transitioned to an almost solid gray color. He still has a darker point on his nose, but his butt point has almost completely blended into his body color. When he was really little he barely had points at all, just a little dark fur around his nose and tail. Then after a couple months they started to come in, and now after 7 months they've taken over most of his body.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts