Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have two cats, one declawed, and one not, (we didnt choose for one to be declawed he just was when we got him) So every time one of the cats come into my room, Jinxy, the clawed female, will sit and stare at the rats, sugar just gets all up in her grill and teases her, which I don't like but as long as she's not getting hurt, anyway, cinimin gets almost in a petrified like state where she does nothing and kinda shivers for a while. Anyways, I wasn't sure that this was really about cats, and I forgot about it for a while, just today, Cisco, the declawed male was in my room, he was one of the 'I'm too lazy to move so I'll sleep on this bed all day' type cats, real easy-going. I took cinimin out after some scritching (in the cage, i know ><). And went to say hi to Cisco, they sniffed, and then I hear an "EEEEP" and cinimin jumps off my shoulder on the table about a 20 foot gap 8O That shocked me. The cat did nothing, as Cinimin was on my shoulder, and Cisco's too lazy to chase a fly, and he never bit anything before, I inspected cinimin, she was fine, but in that petrified like state I gave her a treat because I felt sorry for her. So do rats have a natural fear of cats? Or it just Cinimin?

Are any of your rats like this to animals? My rats love my pug, and she loves them.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I've introduced my rats to my two dogs and my sister's cat (with a firm hold on the other pets) And the dogs (like usual) are kinda scared of the rats. They are just big chickens, and anything that may be in your hand at the time will scare them. But once it's on the gound it's fair game. (They are really wierd)
I let Leaf crawl around on one of the dogs, and she just sat there while Leaf sniffed her fur.
The cat on the other hand, well, she's about 17 years old, and she used to be able to catch humming birds. (There were none in our neighborhood for a long time) I held onto the cat with one hand and Leaf with the other and let them sniff each other, then the cat turned her head and took off! All I can say is the look on her face was clearly saying, "I'm too old for this."

So in my house, the dogs are scared of the rats, and the cat want's nothing to do with them. My rats aren't scared of anything other than random loud noises (Leaf only, sadly) and sudden movements.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply :), Yea my cat's 11 and he's lazy, I had a hold on him (but he's pretty fat so It was hard with one hand) but I really trust him, he's once stared at the cage and got bored and moved on. :p

·
Registered
113 Posts
I caught my cat looking up at the cat cage the other day, but she knows she'd catch **** if she tried anything. We trained her well (sounds odd)when we had birds not to mess with them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts