Rat Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I know I vowed never again to buy from a pet store and such but today i got ticked off enough to buy a little bugger from the morons. I went into the petstore to buy tubes for my hamster cage..well let me tell you, they're not entirely stupid, in order to get to the tubes you have to pass directly by the rodents. Anyway in short i left with a rat instead of the tubes. The girl was walking around with one in her hands and i asked her if i could hold it, as soon as she put him in my hands my face dropped. Hes like hardly three weeks old. I told her that he wasn't old enough to leave his mother and i'm sure you can guess what she told me "we don't really care what age they are, they usually just go as snake food anyway" I wanted to punch her stupid head in. Anyway I told her I was taking the rat because they were ignorant and that I was only paying half price and after threatening to get the SPCA on them (which is useless since theres nothing they can do) she let me walk out of there with him for next to nothing. Anyway, now I have this little black double rex ratlet of maximum three weeks of age, who weighs nothing and looks like he just barely opened his eyes, and I'm wondering what the best foods would be for him at this point in age, he eats peas, and he adores them, sad to say he didnt quite understand what they were until i mushed them up for him, and he drinks water, but so far i've only see him do so off of my finger. Hes quite possibly the love of my life already and hes undergoing quarantine now, poor little Bugger, he looks so lonely, but i'd be scared OP would squash him by accident anyway, hes just so tiny! Any advice on this one would be more than greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
730 Posts
poor guy. He'll need lots of extra protiens to help him out. Try things like scrambled egg, and instead of dog food give him a kitten food for a few weeks. Good luck with the little guy. My heart rat Amelia I found in a petstore at 3 weeks old, and I found she bonded better to me where she was younger and hadn't developed a fear of humans.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I noticed that about him as well (by the way names are still pending, I want to name him a transformer name but I can't come up with any good ones since I already have OP and Hot Shot) Hes very VERY affectionate, I just feel so bad for him, so far I've been thinkng about things like gerber baby food and yogurt along with the eggs, would that be good or bad for him? By the way, heres a picture of the little guy :D

he looks bigger than he is.

·
Registered
208 Posts
8O 8O CUTE!!! I just want to cuddle and kiss him all over! I can see exactly why you brought him home, I'd have done the same in a heartbeat! Oh my just so cute. Goodness. I must click away from this post right away!! :p I hope he does very well.

I'd try some baby cereal and definetly protein! Some egg, boiled chicken meat, mushed up lab blocks maybe?

·
Registered
116 Posts
My newest is about the same size. (also double Rex) I argued with the guy that there was no way he was 5 to 6 weeks old.

I named mine Yoda and he's the same way no fear of me.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
LOL eating him is completely out of the question! haha. Thanks for all of the suggestions, Bumblebee was one of my ideas as well, but my boyfriend came up with the name TT. short for Tiny Tim haha. Hes absolutely loveable, he love mouths, and kissing lips, and fingers and he is very fond of his kitten food, it looks so funny because its shaped like a "Y" so usuall all you see is the big V piece sticking out of his little mouth, absolutely adorable, my parents and all of my friends adore him to pieces and he is thriving on all of the attention hes getting. He watched the movie "Knocked Up" with me last night, although I must say some of the things in that movie were a bit beyond his years (*shakes head* im such a bad ratsy mama) haha. Anyway, I wanted to thank you guys for all of the help and input, and I'll be sure to post more pictures soon :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.