Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Mozzarella stick and Snowball
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have two beautiful rat babies and I got them a nice cage. I've only had them for a couple weeks, so they don't have much. I have been looking for good toys and stuff to stimulate them, but I want the best of the best (or as close as I can get to it, lol).

Anyone have any recommendations for toys and other things? And I don't mean "foraging toy". I want to know reliable brands, the specifics (since my rats chew literally everything in sight, including me).

Thank you in advance! :)

·
Registered
Willow, Comet, and Spark
291 Posts
Ikea tie holder- This tie holder is quite sturdy and a nice size. It's perfect for rats to climb on, and they can slip through the loops as well as climb on the tie holder itself to get around. My ratties use their tie holder a lot and it's pretty much a cage staple for me.
Foraging wheel- Foraging wheels are one of my favorite rat toys. They're really simple but that makes them nice. My ratties figured it out pretty quick but it still takes a while to "solve". You can also stuff crinkled paper inside to increase the difficulty of the toy.
Rope- Ropes are really good for ratties to climb on- they're quite simple toys yet are usually used often :)
Star foraging toy- I'm ordering one of these soon- I actually don't have one yet, I just watched Shadow the Rat's review for this toy and thought it looked really nice! The lack of reviews is a bit concerning to me but I think it'll be ok. I'll link the review video below, for you to watch if you're interested :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Things for chewing: wooden blocks and toys, rice pops, acorns and other nuts in the shell, dry pasta like macaroni or rotini (spiral).

Space pod, hammocks, you can even get a small baskets from the dollar store, attach it to the bars, and fill it with fabric scraps or crumpled papers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts