Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to train my new baby a little.. like to come an stuff, so I got some honey cheerios and cinnamon apple cheerios since these were favorites of any rats i've ever had. I trained my Raziel by giving him 1/2 a cheerio at a time and everything. I had Kane (baby) on my bed and offered her some but she just ignored it, didn't even sniff it. I placed down in front of her, even put it up to her mouth and she didn't care. She just wanted to come and lean up against me and just sit there like usual. She is reasonably active, she was all over my bed as long as I am not in it. If I am she just finds me and cuddles. She is eating her regular food and everything, is she just very picky or something? I've never heard of a rattie refusing anything.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
haha, i bet she's just picky. they're pretty much like people; they'll eat almost anything, especially adore the stuff that's bad for them, and sometimes decide for no good reason that something isn't yummy enough for them. but maybe you can eat some and also feed some to your other rats so she knows that it's good to eat. maybe she just doesn't know. :p

·
Registered
293 Posts
if theyre separated try putting some in her food dish or put a piece of something tasty in the middle of the cheerio to see if shell try it that way.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok lol. Maybe something with a stronger scent? I'll have to try quite a few things. She doesn't like these rodent munchy O's either.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok I have broke out the big guns and tried a tiny piece of plain potato chip and a tiny piece of cookie.. no go. I put some cereal pieces in her food dish and she nibbled on them.. so I guess we'll see if she can make the connection outside her cage, and maybe depends on how much she liked them.
So far the only thing shes tried even a test-bite of is my earlobe. That stung, lol.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
My boys aren't too sure about treats outside their cage. They're more interested in running about and playing. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts