Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From what I've seen and/or read, there are mixed opinions and feelings concerning Oxbow's "Regal Rat" rat food. In spite of the cons (it's expensive, some rats boycott it, et cetera), I took my chances and ordered a 3 lb. bag this morning. I'll be feeding other food along with the Regal Rat, so as not to starve my boy, but this looks like a really good food and I'm willing to try it. Do any of you feed this food on a regular basis and if so, how do you and your rattums like it? Also, is it okay to feed to young rats? I would guess not due to the low fat content, but like I said, it would be paired with a homemade grain mix and treats.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
393 Posts
If you're feeding it to rats that aren't adults you may want to supplement a little bit of high quality dog food in there along with the grain mix. Not too much, just a little. I recommend one of the following dog foods for that:

Natural Balance Reduced Calorie Formula
Wellness Weight Management Super5Mix

or

Innova Senior (not Plus or Large Breed!) or Reduced Fat Adult

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Darksong17 said:
If you're feeding it to rats that aren't adults you may want to supplement a little bit of high quality dog food in there along with the grain mix. Not too much, just a little. I recommend one of the following dog foods for that:

Natural Balance Reduced Calorie Formula
Wellness Weight Management Super5Mix

or

Innova Senior (not Plus or Large Breed!) or Reduced Fat Adult
Cool, thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts