Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you may know, I'm not the only one in my house who has rats- one of my roommates has three others. Last night, one of her girls (Lola) started regurgitating after she ate a little bit of Mazuri. We were just wondering if anyone knows why this happens, or at least what we can do to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Some background info on Lola: she usually eats Regal Rat (I think she just found an old piece of Mazuri or something), and she's going to be a year old in May.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Does it seem like she was reeeeeally trying to hack something up? Drooling all over her chin etc? That's choking behaviour - maybe she got something lodged in her throat and was trying to hack it up =/ She's ok now though?

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just talked to my roommate more about it, and it does seem like Lola probably was choking. I guess she wasn't making any noises, but she was moving her tounge in and out of her mouth a lot or something. The only weird thing is that she left stuff that did look a little like puke behind- but I'm assuming chewed-up Mazuri might just look like that.

And she's perfectly fine now, which seems to support the choking theory!

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Yup. Sounds like choking. When mine choke (scares the crap out of me) they bring up brownish foamy stuff that smells like stomach acid. I guess the process of hacking something out of their throat pushes stuff out of their stomach too?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts