Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am writing this in memory of my truly loved friend and First Rat, Gregor Samsa. It is difficult to express in words the bond we shared - we were so close, and loved each other so very much. Gregor was incredibly smart...he learned his name on his second day home. He taught me all about ratly matters, and never held back on affection. One of my favorite memories has to do, oddly enough, with his help in "medicating" me: I often break out in an eczemic rash on my hands, and I used to keep the bottle of topical medicine in the bathroom cabinets, where Gregor sometimes played. One day, we were in the bathroom playing, and I noticed that Gregor was applying something wet to my rash, with his little front feet. A little investigation revealed that he had chewed his way into my medicine bottle, and was proceeding to put my medicine on "the place" for me, as he felt I needed caring for! It isn't every day you meet a friend like this.

Gregor developed inoperable tumors last year, and had to be euthanized on Valentine's day. He only got one birthday party, and one Christmas in his lifetime. He knew that I would miss him terribly. He didn't leave me all alone in the world without a rat, though...he led me to the capable and loving paws of Gus and Boo, to take care of me, and there is plenty of love for all.

My sweet boy, I will never forget you. I think of you today, and every day. I know you are watching over me, and that someday, I will join you at the place where we all go in the end. I love you.

RIP Gregor Samsa (6/24/05 - 2/14/07)

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Im sorry for your loss
the medicine bottle story is lovely
Hugs!!!! *hUgs
Jess x

·
Registered
534 Posts
I know this is months old, I was just browsing and stumbled across, just wanted to say how touching it was and it brought a tear to my eye! A big one! What a handsome little boy he was-you were lucky to have found each other :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts