Rat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They are sooo cute when they take their meds.

Remi finally likes it now

Gus LOVES medicine. But I think it's just because he will basically eat anything. He thought their litter was food at first. He's a big dork.

And of course I had to snap a few others:

Gussy boy

Remi on his throne.
Those pics won't rotate... I don't know.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Aww.. ^^ I wish my girls would willingly take their meds. I feel horrible forcing it into their mouths, and I fear if I add it to a treat, like half a grape, they wont get the full doses. They're still too young to take Baytril.. maybe it tastes better than baby-meds.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The vet tech flavored it with cheddar cheese. It smells nasty.
But when they were both on Doxycycline, which wasn't flavored with anything, Gus still slurped it up like it was candy. He's a fat boy.

·
Registered
347 Posts
They are adorable .. :D They look so sweet when he takes it :D

If you don't mind me asking, what are they taking meds for? (Just interesting to know! My guys have to take Baytril for the rest of their lives).

·
Registered
626 Posts
What good boys! They totally got the mary poppins song stuck in my head! " A spoon full of sugar helps the medicine go down, the medicine go down, the medicine go down! A spoon full of sugar..."

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Squeak said:
They are adorable .. :D They look so sweet when he takes it :D

If you don't mind me asking, what are they taking meds for? (Just interesting to know! My guys have to take Baytril for the rest of their lives).
They have to take it for a URI flare up. I hate PetSmart. lol
I love those little boys though. They are so sweet.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Such good boys taking their medicine! Sometimes ratties act better than little kids because they'll take they're meds, unlike little kids........unless its grape flavored lol =D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts