Rat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my two boy ratties were born together and have been raised together ever since. They're about four weeks old now, but they sometimes get into a bit of a scuffle. They don't get injured or anything, maybe they squeak at each other out of fear or surprise but that's pretty much it! I was wondering if this is normal though? Thanks!

·
Registered
64 Posts
It is very normal!! My two young girls play fight all the time one minute they will be cuddling and the next it will be just a tornado of rat going through the cage! It's just their way of playing and I wouldn't pay any mind to it unless they draw blood or seem to actually be hurt. I do think I've heard though of males being more aggressive with each other but as long as there are no injuries I wouldn't worry

·
Premium Member
4,287 Posts
Playfighting is a very important part of childhood, thye use it to learn adult social skills as well as have a lot of fun. They will keep this up for a good while yet, try gentley pouncing on them (especially there rumps) with your hands, you'll soon get to join in the game.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts