Rat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that 1800petsupplies sells them online, however they are plastic. My girls are now chewing the shelf pan and have a nice sized hole already made. I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas of where I could possibly get a metal pan? Or something more sturdier then a plastic pan. I'd hate to take out the shelf cause my girls love using it to get to their hammocks.

·
Registered
908 Posts
flowertown chinchillas has them. But they are in canada. They also sell metal pans for the DCN, but when I enquired, shipping for those pans was very expensive. You also have to pay duties / taxes on delivery which there are no estimates for (that I know of) and you have to be there at time of pickup to receive the items / pay. For those reasons I didn't order from them.

You could try contacting Bass (the company that makes the metal replacement pans here in the states) and see if they will do a special order for you.

Just found this link for chinchilla cage accessories. They offer two metal shelves a corner and a solid rectangular one.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Just found this link for chinchilla cage accessories. They offer two metal shelves a corner and a solid rectangular one.
I've been looking for things like this also. I have a cobbled together cage and it didn't come with shelves or anything. Nowhere around here seems to sell just the shelves.

Also...just a funny side note. The wiggling GIF of mealworms made me jump on that website! LOL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts