Rat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Neera has been sneezing for a while... I got more sulfamethoxazole suspension from my vet and treated her (And later, Dela, when she started sneezing too) with it for about two weeks. Neither of them showed any real improvement and eventually seemed to be worsening, so I called my vet again and she gave me some Baytril instead. They have both been on it since Monday night and Dela seems to be better. I just went and checked on them and Neera seems worse again... She's clicking some now and I rat-phoned her and she doesn't really sound right... What should I do?My vet was trying to get me to buy a nebulizer for her, but I wanted to wait and see if the baytril helped at all. Should I buy a nebulizer and use that? My bigges fear with that is that Neera is still extremely hand shy and holding her for more than a moment makes her really stressed and nervous (Breathing get heavier, struggles, and seems a bit paniced). Would the nebulizer just make her really frightened of being around me? Please help... I'm really at a loss right now...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I found a nebulizer and I'll be calling my vet tomorrow to really talk to her about everything. Should I also get an immune booster like that one that they were talking about in the other thread?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,526 Posts
For cats and struggling animals, my vet program uses a steralite tub with a hole cut into it. At home, you can use a carrier with a towel draped over it. Your vet should be able to explain better.

If it is in her lungs try azithromycin. If the others aren't doing better they can try it or just do Baytril doxy convo.
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top