Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boy max has been dealing with RI's since forever, he's been on batryl and a bunch of other stuff. A doc took X-rays and its either a final infection or a reparatory tumor :( anyone else dealt with this? have any advice? How long to use anti fungal oral meds? Please help, Ive tried everything!

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
This isn't enough information to give advice on, unfortunately.

·
Premium Member
4,287 Posts
Can you get a photo of the x-ray or similar and post it here. Ive not come across many fungal resp infections but abcessed bacterial infections are common and show up as lung consolodation on x-rays. What meds have you tried so far?

I've dealt with a couple lung tumours and these arent nice. Most are cancerous and cancer in rats is pretty much a death sentance (not to be confused with a normal benign tumour like a mammary tumour). You can buy him time by putting him on a course of steroids, this may reduce the size of the tumour making him more comfortable. Steroids are also well worth trying if antibiotics arent shifting a stubborn infection. I would put him on Baytril, Amoxycillin and Predinose, perhaps with a bronchial dilator like Bisolvin if he was mine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts