Rat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Indy was a Russian Dwarf Hamtser, I lost him today in away I never thought about losing my hamster. Most of the time you hear of a cat getting people pet hamsters, well this time it was one of my rats. They are in the same room and he must have gotten out of the cage and one of them must have grabbed him when he ran across the floor.

I feel terrible for him and will miss him dearly. I don't blame the rats thought has they are my babies to and I know it is their instincts to and that their predators to small rodents.

I came here to talk about it because I know others here would have gone through the same situation or one similar as I've seen some similar stores. You guys will be the ones who understands how it feels, more so then others that may judge and over react with rude comments about being bad pet owners.

·
Registered
475 Posts
that is truly awful. My deepest sympathies! I can kind of understand. I had 3 gerbils in a tank before I got my rats. A mother and two of her babies. They were older and the mom and one of the babies past away and I didn't know and the remaining child ate the other two gerbils. I now know that's what gerbils do but at the time i just felt incredibly guilty and horrified. So I sort of understand what you're going through. I never blamed my gerbil either I always blamed myself. I should have payed more attention to them and I should have noticed.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both for your kind words. Camelle that would have been awful to go through.

·
Registered
475 Posts
You're very welcome! It was. I cried for hours. It was the most horrific thing I have ever seen one of my animals do to another animal

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Sad news to hear :(

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you and everyone else that has went through something like this or lost a loved pet I'm sorry for you guys as well, it is really hard to find your animal dead.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts