Rat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my girls, Luna, died late last year of an eye infection that turned into an abscess too close to her brain. It was a sad and painful death but we made her as comfortable as possible. Her cage mate, Hurley, recently died also. She was already 3 and a half and the loss of her best friend was too much for her. She died in her sleep. I buried her next to Luna.

I'm just so disappointed that I couldn't do more. They didn't enjoy their last few days. I'm not getting any new rats for now. I need some time to mourn. Maybe sometime in the future. I love rats but right now I have my hands full with my other pets.

Much love,

Jess

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm very sorry. Just had to put down my 17 year old kitty. She also had a tumor behind the eye. She was too old to operate on. We cared for her for a couple months and she was very happy. Sadly she stopped eating and she started to bleed so we had to bring her in. Its awful when there is nothing you can really do but it makes me happy to know atleast she enjoyed her life. When one of my rats died from his long myco battle of almost 5 years, his cage mate who was a year younger sadly died a month later in his sleep as well. What keeps me happy is that atleast they are together up in ratty heaven xox

1 - 2 of 2 Posts