Rat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[edited by mod: cappy has decided to leave and as this thread got pretty popular in regards to showing off some big boys and talking a bit about rexes i've moved it to general so all can get in on the act]

and the reason i want rex's is my first rat's ever were rex's and i like there big size i had one that was about 8 inch's without the tail

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Re: looking for rex's

All rat types can be big. :)

My standard black hooded is about 12 inches...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

that is without or with the tail but all of my rat's that wern't rex's got about 6 inch's without the tail

·
Registered
4,535 Posts

cappy said:
that is without or with the tail but all of my rat's that wern't rex's got about 6 inch's without the tail
That is without. :)

·
Registered
798 Posts

...do you have a sewer rat mutation forensic? or is it part Ben from willard haha :lol:

·
Registered
4,535 Posts

renay said:
...do you have a sewer rat mutation forensic? or is it part Ben from willard haha :lol:
:lol: Nah, he's a big boy, but part of it may be him wriggling about while I tried to measure him. Definitely bigger than 6" though. :lol:

·
Registered
150 Posts

I have one rattie rex boy. He is so handsome, squishy, healthy, and extremely friendly. I got him free from my local pet store here in Prescott, AZ.

I am on a waiting list for February - May for a pair of dumbo rex, hairless, or double rex rattie boys from a breeder in Bullhead City, AZ. She is our ONLY reputable breeder of rats in AZ. She also breeds many other coat types and now has MANX (tail-less) and Dwarf ratties.

http://rattiemattiesrattery.tripod.com/aboutus.html

Amanda (the breeder) is an extremely nice person, although I am not sure that she would adopt out to you because you have snakes, no offense taken, though...I hope.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts

cjshrader said:
A1APassion, I believe you have a small opossum and not a rat. Just thought you'd like to know!
He is a huge boy

I see him everyday nearly all day long but every time I walk in the room I'm like..."you're a big rat!!"

He's such a lover... one knows they have been rat-kissed when he starts licking.

·
Registered
63 Posts

There are opossum marked rats. One of our local breeders breeds them, lol. Don't know if you were joking or not cj but I just thought you'd like to know, ^^. That tail does look awefully ringy tho A1, lol, :D

·
Registered
527 Posts

rexes are SO cute!
a breeder who lives about a 45 min drive from me had a litter of baby ratties born sept.28, and i REALLY want the russian blue capped dumbo rex. (that's a mouthful!)

that is, if:

a) the rex was a girl
b) i could actually meet up with the breeder
c) my mom would let me get a third rat.

-sigh- i can always dream! 8)

·
Registered
358 Posts

A1APassion, I demand you make a new thread in the meet my rats with pictures of your giant boy!!

·
Registered
2,160 Posts

lol

Will do... in the mean time you can follow the links I have in my signature to see the photos I currently have.

Diamond Dave's pics are on the flickr account

·
Registered
1,195 Posts

Haha, cute photos! I loved 3FluffyTipsy, you caught them right in the moment of what I can only express through "raaaawwwrr!"

·
Registered
2,755 Posts

as great as all this is, this isn't not really the spot for it. please get back to the topic of helping the OP find rex rats

·
Registered
150 Posts

I am going to repost my last post helping out Cappy, as it got lost on the first page.....

I have one rattie rex boy. He is so handsome, squishy, healthy, and extremely friendly. I got him free from my local pet store here in Prescott, AZ.

I am on a waiting list for February - May for a pair of dumbo rex, hairless, or double rex rattie boys from a breeder in Bullhead City, AZ. She is our ONLY reputable breeder of rats in AZ. She also breeds many other coat types and now has MANX (tail-less) and Dwarf ratties.

rattiemattiesrattery.t...outus.html

Amanda (the breeder) is an extremely nice person, although I am not sure that she would adopt out to you because you have snakes, no offense taken, though...I hope.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts