Rat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So its been a while since I posted here. And Its been a while since their passing but I felt obligated to share this. After the unexpected passing of Ernie then Peaches, the very next day we took Brain to the vet and had him put down. He was struggling to breathe so we felt it was the right thing to do. He knew something was up. As the vet took him from my sisters hands he looked over his shoulder to take one last loving look at my sister. Perhaps saying thank you Sasha for giving me the best life a rat could ask for.. or perhaps to say see you on the other side. I don't like to think he was wondering where is this lady taking me and why aren't you following? or why are you crying it's going to be ok? Even if those were his thoughts It's just hard either way. It was very fast.. about 5 minutes of agonizing heartbreak later the nurse emerged with a delicately wrapped package. Brain was the oldest and out lived 4 roommates. Pinky was the first... he was accidentally killed by my son and nephew while they were handling him. Next came Ernie. Ernie and Brain were not compatible at first. Brain would attack Ernie in the middle of the night. Eventually they learned to live with each other. Then came Peaches. A red eyed feeder rat who ONLY liked my son. Everyone else got bit or peed on. Peaches then became the aggressor of the cage. Over time Peaches humbled out. They each had very memorable personalities. Each will be missed. They each gave me a new sense of love and appreciation towards rats. R.I.P.PINKY, ERNIE, PEACHES, AND BRAIN

1 - 2 of 2 Posts