Rat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Photograph Vertebrate Mammal Line Fence

I have a one year old female rat named Ripley. I adore her but she deserves better. I thought I would have a lot more time to dedicate to her but I have been working a lot. She is super sweet has a lot of energy but wants to be close and snuggle also. I have a cage along with her things like toys food and snacks. I live in western Massachusetts I am about 30 minutes away from Albany NY. If you are interested please respond to this message or email me at [email protected] thank you

·
Registered
353 Posts
View attachment 308790
I have a one year old female rat named Ripley. I adore her but she deserves better. I thought I would have a lot more time to dedicate to her but I have been working a lot. She is super sweet has a lot of energy but wants to be close and snuggle also. I have a cage along with her things like toys food and snacks. I live in western Massachusetts I am about 30 minutes away from Albany NY. If you are interested please respond to this message or email me at [email protected] thank you
You should ask for a small donation fee greater than the price of a feeder so she doesn't become one.

·
Registered
51 Posts
View attachment 308790
first of all, she is adorable. second of all, I think you are a great rat parent because you are thinking about what's best for her. I know you need time to clean her cage and do free roam but for the social aspect of it, maybe you could get her a cage mate. the thing about that though is (ironically) that part will take time because you have to introduce them properly. I'm sorry if my response was not helpful

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
first of all, she is adorable. second of all, I think you are a great rat parent because you are thinking about what's best for her. I know you need time to clean her cage and do free roam but for the social aspect of it, maybe you could get her a cage mate. the thing about that though is (ironically) that part will take time because you have to introduce them properly. I'm sorry if my response was not helpful
Definitely a good idea but won’t work for me as another rat would be more cleaning more food. I should not have got her and selfishly I did. I want the best for her and will keep trying or somehow find more time. She is such a sweetie. Thank you for your ideas!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Definitely a good idea but won’t work for me as another rat would be more cleaning more food. I should not have got her and selfishly I did. I want the best for her and will keep trying or somehow find more time. She is such a sweetie. Thank you for your ideas!
that is a good point. I would just keep trying to find someone to take her, maybe make sure they have another rat or ask for a higher fee so she doesn't become a feeder, like @Mkd said . don't be too hard on yourself.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Your reply was right on and rats can be introduced quicky.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts