Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to handle a rat that has a tendency to run really fast??
I want to handle her to get her used to me but every time i do she either jumps and runs off or runs really fast making it quite difficult to handle her. Has anyone else had this problem and has anyone got any suggestions? :roll:

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Try putting her in a pouch or something or holding her somewhere enclosed and small. Keep it up, though, my jumpy boys got better with handling.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Let her run around under a sweatshirt (wear a t-shirt underneath it) when your sitting on the couch or bed. I did this with all my boys, Id put them under the sweatshirt and give them little treats or skritches when they went to the neck hole. Now they climb up my back to get to my neck

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
I have a little girl who's causing me no end of grey hairs because she will not adjust to being handled.

BUT! I have found that, as glindella suggests, keeping them in a t-shirt or sweatshirt is a great way to bond. I've been having hour-long sessions with Max while I lay in bed, where I put one of my arms inside there with her and pet and fuss her. She seems to be coming around, maybe that kind of thing will help your little one?

It'll take patience though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts