Rat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will be my Rocco thread! He doesn't go out and about much on his own. Not because he is scared, just would rather sleep on my lap/shoulder. Everytime he does leave my lap, it is normally to find a different spot to sleep. hahha. He is very vocal compared to my other rats. He chatters a lot, I am not sure if it's a happy or nervous thing for him. I let him hang out with the girls a little and they totally kick his butt. I think Bunny is the dominate rat of my group. We are still getting to know eachother, so far it's like I'm learning about rats all over again. Kind of crazy how each rat is so different.

·
Registered
664 Posts
He's adorable!

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rocco update! He has developed a dark brown face! I'm not sure what color he is still. The dark face throws me off. My poor guy lost both his "sisters" and is now alone. I am debating getting another rat, even though I don't want one. Maybe I will foster a male. I'm not sure at the moment.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
How did his sisters pass?

He's a dapper little feller! Those guard-hairs are crazy long!

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have no clue how they died. I went on vacation for a week and I had people come in a check on the food and water. When I got back they were curled up dead. It was crazy. No injury or anything. I wonder if someone gave them something they should not have. I don't think they were old enough to die from old age. It's weird that they both died. I called a place seeing if I can foster, so we shall see. Why does he have guard hairs still? I thought they grow out of them?

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Oh man that's awful.Nope, guard hairs come with the adult coat, he's normal.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts