Rat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my 2 girls wrestle around their cage A LOT. the only problemwith this is there is occasional squeling and i have noticed scratches and fur missing on my lighteyed girl. The black rat is fine but the other looks a little beat up. Am i just not playing with them enough?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
It's normal for them to tussle, and scratches sometimes result through accidental harm. How long have they been together? How much out time do they get?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
they've been together since birth i would assume.

they get not much out time as i spend lots of time at college studying and working. I try to give them atleast an hour a day if i can spare it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
My two brothers scrap constantly...like when ever both are awake. They box a lot they look like one rat staring into a mirror, they rarely cause serious physical harm to each other, but i have seen a few nips and some blood once. never enough to think i had to seperate them, if im around and i hear the boxing match start i usually just watch an let em work it out, but when it gets a lil too rough i just go over to them and say hi to turn their focus to something other than beating the living daylights out of each other. I've noticed Shoki sometimes breaks it up before I do....he just hops into the fight and holds one of em down and starts to clean their face...then they forget what they were doing....

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
the name "shoki" makes me laugh out loud because my own name is "shoko" and lots of my friends call me "shokie" as well. :D

back to the rats: my girls are currently squeaking up a storm, wrestling and bouncing around. my naked girl always comes out of the pile with a few nice scratches, but is never any worse for wear. i should show you the pics of mozart's bleeding face though - example of too rough play. as long as it's not bleeding profusely, let them work it out. :D

·
Registered
151 Posts
when i first introduced lola fiona was trying to like take off the poor things foot. now they're fine but occasionaly fiona (who is about 5 months older) will pick up lola and try to take her upstairs to cuddle(haha she plops her right in the bed) by the nape of her neck or sometimes her ear. And poor Lola screams. So i run in there and Fiona looks up at me and drops her haha. Other than that i'm lucky enough mine dont fight

·
Registered
78 Posts
OnlyOno said:
the name "shoki" makes me laugh out loud because my own name is "shoko" and lots of my friends call me "shokie" as well. :D
Ive named a lot of pets after gods and goddesses...mostly greek and roman
i decided to try a Japanese name for him...before i had rats i always thought of Splinter when ever i saw one....i was an old school ninja turtle kid. still am at 22....

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im slightly concerned now, the 1/2PEw seems to always have a neck injury from the brown one bitting her. It's a fairly large patch of no fur and it's very difficult to get a picture or a look at cause she wont let me hold her upside down. What size of injury should i be looking for before i seperate these 2?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts