Rat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a runt from a litter who is now 5 weeks old. I want to know what are the possibilities of him staying small forever?

·
Registered
116 Posts
I had the runt of the litter and they're almost 6weeks now and he's about the same size of his brothers now. It's like he hit a major growth spurt.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had the runt of the litter and they're almost 6weeks now and he's about the same size of his brothers now. It's like he hit a major growth spurt.
Ahh so he might hit a growth spurt. I was thinking of supplementing his diet with some puppy milk to get him bigger, only he's weaned and idk if he'd take to it.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I do not have the luxury of knowing what my runt's siblings look like now, but my runt is still tiny for her age. She has a really big head though, which makes me suspect she is going to hit a spurt to catch up to it... hopefully!

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'd personally wait on the puppy milk. I gave mine some extra protein like scrambled eggs once a day (and not a lot) and for calcium you can give some Greek yogurt. But if he's eating and drinking I'd just wait and see.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts