Rat Forum banner

SAD Situation for CT rats being shot!!! Need homes/Fosters

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  CaptainFlow 
#1 ·
**Cross-posted with Permission**

People can just be so cruel Someone in CT let loose over 100 rats in the town of Colebrook along the Farmington river. Here is the story, click the image to the right to watch the video: http://www.wfsb.com/news/13800482/detail.html?treets=hart&taf=hart
It was on Private land so the guy had a bunch of people out there SHOOTING the rats. Some of the video is hard to watch. I had wondered if anyone even tried to see if the rats ran up to them. Well It turns out, a rabbit rescue has picked up these rats. You can see them here:
http://veganpeople.net/colebrook-rat-project/
Many are PEW, Black/Agouti/Beige Hoods, and black selfs. I am cross posting this so that maybe we can rally some homes for these guys, or get fosters to raise some of the babies for sure are on the way. I am simply cross posting this, if you would like to help out with fostering or can adopt a kid or two, please contact Sharry at sharry@veganpeople.net

#3 ·
Re: SAD Situation for CT rats being shot!!! Need homes/Fost

Wow, that's horrible.. how could people do something like that? :(

It said in the article that the rats are domestic, and the rescue says they're friendly.

I'm much too far away to do anything for them, but I hope these poor rats will find good homes soon.

#6 ·

i wish i could too, but even if it wasnt so far away, i already promised my b/f that i wouldnt get any more animals (at least for a while..... heh heh heh). 4 male rats, a male dwarf hamster, and a male turtle dove are enough animals for right now.

#7 ·

That is awful! Those poor rats, they're victims of something way beyond them. I hope they find whotever set then free, and put him away for a long time.
However, it's hard to be too angry at the people shooting the rats- I really wish they'd find a better way, though. They say the rats are domesticated, but it's precious few rats that actually come to people, especially when they're that frightened. And they're probably right out of the petstoreThey're right, the rats can't stay in that ecosystem, it would be too damaging. But surely live traps would be just as efficient? Even more so than shooting them, because the rats are going to come out at night, when the "hunters" aren't around... sigh.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.