Rat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody. I'm upgrading to a bigger cage, and the prices online are WAY better than pet stores. So I think I'm going to go that route, but I haven't heard of most of these sites, so I'm wary...has anyone heard of Greg Robert Pet Supplies Online(It says "hacker safe," but this really means nothing to me) or CagesDirect.com? They both have great deals on the 2 cages I am interested in. If not, do you know of any reliable sites? I am specifically looking for the Prevue Jumbo Ferret cage or the Super Pet Ferret Kingdom, if you know of sites that carry them. The cheapest I have found them are on the sites listed about, the Prevue for $193 (it holds 20 rats!!) and the Ferret Kingdom for $208...any input would be appreciated!

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
i'm not sure the price but ferret.com would likely carry them and they are a safe site to buy from. i have heard of cagesdirect but nothing more then that they exist really, i don't know how safe they would be. the other one i've never heard of at all.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
i just realized that this belong more in the rats homes section as it is discussing cages so it has been moved.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Twitch...lol, that was actually the main thing that I was concerned about (that the sites were fake...you never know these days)...so if you've heard of cages direct, then I will probably try that. I think you can actually buy prepay credit cards to use for online shopping, so that should be a fairly safe way to go. Ferret.com had a decent price on the Kingdom, $224 I think, but I'm really leaning towards the Prevue Jumbo...it has a lot of potential for adding fun things in it. It's really simple and has lots of room...link below if you'd like to see it.

http://www.cagesdirect.com/prevue-jumbo-ferret-cage-p-568.html

Anybody have any experience with CagesDirect.com?

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
oh yes, i've seen a corner verison of that cage before. they are HUGE. but so is the bar spacing. you will likely have to cover it. mind you for that price for that much room it would still be a steal of a deal. if you do get the cage you will have to post pictures of the set up, you're right, you could really do a lot with that cage.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Don't I know it...I think it said the bar spacing is 1", which doesn't sound like much. But when I looked at my SuperPet ferret cage (which we just had to spend about $20 additional to cover in wire because the 10 week old babies can still get out of it), it has the same bar spacing, and that seems huge to me.

Sooo, we'll definitely have to cover it until the babies are full grown. We're doing the math, and it's probably going to cost about $30-$40 (we can re-use some of the hardware cloth we've already bought) but like you said, at the discount that's still a steal.

I'm excited. :D Bet the ratties will be, too.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
my old cage was 1" bar spacing and once the babies grew up a bit (females were about 2-3 months old if i remember correctly) they couldn't get through the bars anymore. instead of covering the huge cage, maybe use a smaller cage until the rats grow big enough that they can't fit through. covering that big of a cage would be a pain in the butt for something that would only be temporary anyway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts