Rat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was prescribed Chloro Palm for my rat Aurora last week for her sneezing. It didn't work on her so we switched to Baytril. I only used like 3 days out of the Chloro Palm.

My other rat Beatrice was fine at the time but today I'm noticing she's sneezing a few times in a row every so often. Would it be okay to give her Chloro Palm for 2 weeks as it was prescribed to my other rat for sneezing? I honestly don't see an issue with it but I want to have a second rat owners opinion.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Honestly, I would give it to her. I did the same thing after Louise was sick, baytril worked wonders and we had another medication "leftover". I noticed Ollie sneezing more than normal and gave her the rest of the medication but I had to look up her dosage according to her weight because her and Louise and very different in weight and ollies sneezing cleared up all together. So, I personally, would go ahead and give your rat the leftover medication, just do a little research on dosage according to weight, in case they are different, like my girls :)

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Honestly, I would give it to her. I did the same thing after Louise was sick, baytril worked wonders and we had another medication "leftover". I noticed Ollie sneezing more than normal and gave her the rest of the medication but I had to look up her dosage according to her weight because her and Louise and very different in weight and ollies sneezing cleared up all together. So, I personally, would go ahead and give your rat the leftover medication, just do a little research on dosage according to weight, in case they are different, like my girls :)
Thank you! It's Chloro Palm and Aurora was prescribed 0.2cc every 8 hours. Beatrice weighs a little bit more than Aurora (I literally brought them both to the vet about a week ago) so I'm just going to give it to her for the same dosage for 2 weeks.

Although I'm kind of worrying that I'll run out, in which case I'm sure I could just call my vet or go down and see him and he'd prescribe another I'm sure for the remaining time.

Thanks for replying :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts