Rat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Despite everyone's advice here (thank you all, by the way) I was unable to convince my landlord to let me keep Amadeus and Gem, and after searching around and asking all my friends and family for someone to take them for me, I was sadly unsuccessful. Yesterday, George contacted an old coworker of his at Petsmart and was told that the rats could be put up for adoption there. It broke my heart to have to leave them there for some stranger to adopt, but the person who helped set everything up assured me that she would be extra picky and make sure that only the best and most trusted person could have them. I trust her to make a good decision because I know that she is the kind of person to look after the animals' welfare first, even going so far as to disobey orders from her supervisors if told to do something that would hurt an animal. I just hope that she's able to keep them happy for me until they get to go to a better home.

I will sure miss them, though...

·
Registered
624 Posts
That's really terrible... I'm so sorry.
You can't move out at all? :( I'd keep them for you.. I'm so sorry.. ****..

·
Registered
870 Posts
That is so hard and harsh. I am so sorry you were unable to work things out better. I certainly hope they find a really nice home.

·
Banned
6,244 Posts
I'm so saddened to hear how things turned out. Hope they find another good home.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I also just now learned that they already got adopted. I'm so shocked, because animals usually stay in the quiet room for several months before a suitable adopter is found. I really hope the people who adopted them are regular customers or would be fine with contacting me, because I really can't stand the thought that some strangers have them and I may never see them again. :I

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
By the way, thank you all for posting and being so supportive. *group hug*

·
Registered
350 Posts
I think anyone that would go to a large pet store and choose older adopted rats over the many cute little babies is far more likely to give a loving responsible home. Add the fact you know how picky they would have been when adopting them out, I think you can be confident that they will live great lives. It always hurts to let your loved ones go but try to think of it less as losing them and more of them starting a new adventure. I hope you feel happy again soon it must be really hard :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you, Amph.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts