Rat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to everyone, me and my girlfriend are coming to you all from Richfield Minnesota. And are the proud owners of three little ladies aptly named Yolandi, Celes and Luna. Just thought we'd drop in and give our greetings so we can get acquainted with everyone else on the board. :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Welcome to the forum! - Great names, we'd love to see photos of them! - I used to have a double rex girl called Luna! :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
2014-09-30_19-35-52_998.jpg
This is Yolandi, you'll be hearing about her later. All three are loving dumbo's bought from a mom and pop pet store who buys their rats from a breeder and doesn't use them as feeders. Not sure on the exact "type" all three are, color, ect as its been a while since I owned rats. If I remember correctly, Yolandi and Celes are "hooded" {colored heads, white body} dumbo eared rats. I THINK Luna is considered a "blaze", but again not 100% lol

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2014-09-30_19-34-16_983.jpg
Celes is on the left and Luna is on the right. Both have a phobia of being handled lol. No matter how much we take them out of their cage, hold them, show them that throwing little tantrums will not get them put back. They still just do not like being handled, not that they bite or anything, but they "fight" and struggle to be put back all the time. But they're still loved all the same. :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Honestly they do get funky. But I wash their cage about every week, to a week and a half. I just use a watered down bleach mixture, let it sit on the wood for about a minute, then hose down the whole thing so as to get rid of any chemical residue {all in the tub of course}.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts