Rat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend has my laptop that used to be mine, and now the IP shows up the same as my computer!! Since my computer and the laptop had the same house-IP and we're still trying to make her IP change. So annoying.
Anyway she wants to join here, but, if her IP shows up the same as mine I'm really worried I'll get banned!
So, can she join, which she says she is! - or will this just mean I get banned? :oops: :cry:
Help! :( :(

·
Registered
730 Posts
There's nothing to worry about. We only check IP addresses when dealing with suspected trolls, and even then we look at the way they write and how they come across. If it's your friend with another account the way of writting will be different.

We don't block accounts for having the same IP address ;)

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank goodness.
We're trying to sort it, all the same, because it is rather annoying.
I was banned from another website - she was too - because of the silly laptop!
It was a great, rat, website too.
Anyway I've emailed her and she is joining.
Look out for "MissVampireQueen" or "VampireQueen" or "Miss Vampire"!

:lol:

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Releasing and Renewing an IP address on Windows NT/2000/XP
Click the Start menu in the lower left hand part of the screen.
Click Run.
In the space provided type "ipconfig /release" and click OK. Note that there is a space between ipconfig and the /release.
To renew the IP address from the DOS prompt, type "ipconfig /renew". Note that there is a space between ipconfig and the /renew.

Releasing and Renewing an IP address on Windows XP
Click the Start menu in the lower left hand part of the screen.
Click Run.
In the space provided type "ipconfig /release" and click OK. Note that there is a space between ipconfig and the /release.
Type "ipconfig /renew". Note that there is a space between ipconfig and the /renew.

·
Registered
17 Posts
that's me and rachael the answer is no from rr. (sorry guys i needed to tell hur something.)
aipassion i tried that,well my uncle did,but it didn't work so called the people we are with (bt) and they said "we'll change it in about fourteen months:)!" as if that helps !!

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
what is your operating system?

XP by any chance?

Since this is a computer you have given to someone else I assume you may have removed some software or programs & this may have damaged something in the registry

search for & download the winsockxpfix.exe

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
IPs shouldn't "stick" when you're using a different internet connection... So that's kinda odd that it didn't release. There's nothing much the internet connection company can do...

IPs are like your snail mail address. You can't take it with you! :) Generally, the only way to have the same IP is to share a connection from the same place. For example... Everyone in my house has the same IP address, but if I took my laptop somewhere else and used a different connection, my IP would be different as well - automatically.

Very odd, indeed.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Vampire: BT? You're uncle said you were on Sky. Not BT. We are on Sky too - they said it often happens, and, that if you call them in four month (what!?) then they will sort it out. Fourteen?
Olive what are you on about? :lol:

·
Registered
730 Posts
If you guys could keep converstaions PMs or the telephone it would be much appreciated ;).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts