Rat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

My name is Crista and I'm from Holland. At this moment I don't have any rats but hopefully soon they will come :) I have had rats for many years but stopped it end of last year when my last two guys died. Beginning of this year we got a puppy and I was afraid to have too less time for rats. Now since our puppy is a little older and I am missing our tiny little friends, I am looking for rats again. Most important reason to join this forum is that I would like to see your rat cages. I am searching for the perfect rat cage but haven't found it yet so maybe I can find some nice ideas here.

Best regards,
Crista

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Hello Crista & Welcome to the forum :)

Im in the US so I am not that familiar with popular cages in other countries. But this is a UK cage guide, http://www.ratz.co.uk/housing.html might be helpful

Bigger is always better. Watch out for plastic bottoms as many rats have been known to chew a hole right through it & escape. 1/2 inch bar spacing is ideal.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey! Ik heb mijn hok gehaald van budgetkooien.nl
Er zitten wat ongeschikte hokken op maar ook wel goeie, en ze zijn niet zo overpriced als die uit dierenwinkels. Ik heb de grote frodo.
Succes! ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your replies! Moonkissed, I have checked the website from your link, thanks!!

It is a little bit more complicated ;-) Earlier I have had a Critter nation double and after this a Ferplast Jenny. I must say that the Jenny was a nice cage and easy to clean, but I find it too small. Size wise the Critter double was perfect, but it was too much work to clean. The urine was getting between the iron and I couldn't get this dry so rust was also coming.. (Hope my English is clear enough)

Now I am looking for another cage and apart from this I would like to have a hybrid section or extra cage with stones, special sand, plants (which are off course fine for rats) etc. so they have both options. But I havent seen this before :blush:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts