Rat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had these 3 boys for two months. Two weeks on antibiotics, two weeks of them being cautious and obnoxious, two weeks of neuter recovery (one of which involved a nasty abscess that I had to drain), and the last two weeks of scampering and playing and kisses and crazy antics. They've come so far, and I will miss them terribly. Off to your new forever home, my Pasta Trio! Spaghetti, Fettucine and Linguini, you guys have taught me sooooo much!

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congratulations Spaghetti, Fettucine and Linguini!! Best of luck in your new home!!
Thanks Rex! They are going to a woman who recently lost one due to age, and has a lot of experience with rats. They are all socialized now, and even go to my 10 yr old grandson for treats. I feel very accomplished :) Can't wait for my next rescues!!

The trick was to not reach into the cage. They were frightened and unsure of everything. I trained them to hop in the carrier and take them to the Rat Room for free roam time. I sat with my Rat Robe on (they love to explore and crawl inside) and fed them cream of wheat with a baby spoon. Took a few weeks, but they came to me on their own and totally trust me now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts