Rat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I joined this forum in the hopes of gaining more information on my rats' health. I have two beautiful fancy rats. They are the cutest little things and half sisters. They absolutely adore each other. Unfortunately, they have both started sneezing. They exhibit no other symptoms and have the same energy level as always. They also are eating and going to the bathroom. I did take them to the vet (twice) and even kept one over night just in case. I know how susceptible they are to URIs. They are both on Baytril and also an anti-inflammatory. One of their eyes (the one who was first sneezing a little) was slightly irritated and the anti-inflammatory has helped with the slight pinkness. There is no porphyrin, no issues with their coats or really any other signs of illness. The vet said their lungs and hearts sounded great, no raised lymph nodes and they are no exhibiting any wheezing or strange breathing noises. She mentioned it could be viral or bacterial but that there is no good way to determine which. Is there anything else I can do for them? Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don't really know but I just wantes to say if theyre new rats sneezing frequently is common because of higher stress levels.Good luck with your rats!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts