Rat Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had gotten 5 week old rats yesterday, I'm really eager to hold them, which I did do yesterday... but I'm refraining from doing today. It started out with my dumbo Finn, hiding in the corner or hut not coming out unless he wanted food, in which he'd immediately run back into the hut, while the other two explored with no fear. I guess earlier today I gave them a big spook by accidentally hitting into something nearby their cage where they freaked and then Vince, the one who was once exploring and brave, just froze on top of the litter in the corner and stayed like that for 20 minutes until I scooted him back in the hut to cuddle up with his brothers. Ryder is perfectly fine, not yet ready to be held but hes fine with being near me, slightly skittish but he will investigate my hand and let me pet him, loves to climb. Now Finn finally decided to explore the other levels and the hammock, still skittish and will run, but he actually will go near me now. Its like Finn and Vince completely switched personalities, because Vince will not come out of the hut, and when he does he only stays hiding around on the bottom. I tried what someone had said, put baby food or applesauce on a spoon, only Ryder will take it. I'm not sure how to go about this... :/

1 - 1 of 1 Posts