Rat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I decided to intro Sabrina and Kiki to my three cats today. I let them sniff each other, and then later I brought Sabrina out to the living room to watch Tv and she was able to sit with me for two hours with the cats around without any incidents. But Kiki is absolutely terrified of the cats. She keeps running around and trying to hide, and that's making the cats view her more like prey. Nothing has happened yet, and I've been using positive reinforcement training to teach the cats to view Kiki and Sabrina as friends, but I'm afraid of what might happen if this behavior doesn't change. What do you guys think I should do?

·
Registered
168 Posts
You know your cats better than anyone else, BUT I wouldn't take a chance. I too have cats and, although I would love them all to cohabitate harmoniously, I'm too scared. If one of your cats is too feisty or just wants to play without realizing how much stronger she is, well then, it would be horrible. I don't know. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You know your cats better than anyone else, BUT I wouldn't take a chance. I too have cats and, although I would love them all to cohabitate harmoniously, I'm too scared. If one of your cats is too feisty or just wants to play without realizing how much stronger she is, well then, it would be horrible. I don't know. Just my opinion.
Two of my cats are trained very well. They come when I call or beckon, sit on command, and get down if I see them somewhere they aren't supposed to be. The problem cat is my newest girl, Mina. My husband and I rescued her from our local SPCA about 3 weeks ago because we wanted to save a black cat because of the stigma against them. However, the people at the shelter neglected to give her any kind of training, so we're still in the process of training her. But since she's been with us, I've already been able to teach her the sit and down commands and to get along with my tom, James, not to attack my bettas, and yesterday I managed to teach her to stay down off the cage. So I'm hopeful I can teach her to get along with Kiki as well, but I feel like Kiki needs to learn to trust myself and the cats better before that happens.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts